Thursday 8 November 2012

Drawing Again

                                                         Drawing of village of Cromarty and oilrig in Firth

At last some oilrig drawings emerging. 

I have spent some weeks now considering the photographs that I took in situ and at last I have made quite a few small drawings of different rigs in different settings.  Several of these drawing are making an impact and I will take them further.  This one in particular.  So I am enlarging this to do quite a sizeable drawing.

The size of these structures in comparison to the village houses is extraordinary and often not appreciated as the rigs are often only seen in a great expanse of sea!

I have thought it could be interesting, ultimately, to put the paintings on floating alluminium.  I have ordered some small alluminium frames to experiment with.    So watch this space!

No comments: