Thursday 19 September 2013

Back Again!

 
 
 
 
 
                                                                                 Drawing and Waves - Work in Progress


The summer has been fantastic.  I have so enjoyed being outside in the sunshine and pondering upon how to make images of my Sea Voyage.
 
Hence the long gap in putting up posts.  But with the days getting cooler and outside tasks completed I can concentrate on this work. 

Whilst on my 'sea voyage' I became fascinated with the waves themselves.  Particularly looking down from my balcony and seeing how the ship created all sorts of movement and patterns as it powered itself through the water. The experience of being carried in the ship on the waves gave me a sense of other worldliness.  The life of the sea, its power and extraordinariness translates perfectly to the amazing lives of the St Kildans who lived on the rocky islands so far from the mainland.

 
                                                                          Drawing and Waves - more work in progress


So off to do some more drawings........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, the first time I saw this (the one above, not below), I thought it were a panoramic two-in-one painting (an experimental one, at that). From left to right, 2/3 + 1/3. Same physical traits (big waves), very much different in attitudes (coexistence, anger).

But I was mistaken. :)