Tuesday 25 January 2011

Prees Heath and Blue Butterfly








Amazingly when I started this work in July/Aug '10 I saw in Opportunities in Artist Newsletter an advert seeking artists, poets and writers for a book of Shropshire Butterflies. So I submitted some of my preliminary images about the Silver Studded Blue Butterfly at Prees Heath, one of this butterfly's few habitats. And to my delight my images are to be part of the book. So watch this space concerning further developments and events about the book publication.
I was so thrilled about this butterfly as I see it as a symbol of transformation of this little gem of a landscape. It also evoked the RAF colours and therefore the memories that the heathland was once a RAF airfield, training people to fly bombers. I feel this site continues to have that potential of honouring those who lost their lives in the Second World War.

No comments: